Saturday, 9 February 2013

Book Worm #13 - The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

This is another book that I downloaded from Amazon for around 77p! Such a great bargain and it's not even an old book. Released late last year, this book provides the perfect ratio of deep thought are heart ache to romance and excitement.

At first it was a lot different to what I had expected. The cover gave me the feeling that it was going to be a straight forward romance novel that was quite upbeat and funny like my last Book Worm post. However, getting into the first 1/3 of the book I realised that there was a lot more too it. This book covers abuse in all different senses of the word. It covers trust and fear as well as courage and love. I ended up really, really enjoying myself reading this book and I think that you will too.

Callie was never the most popular girl at school. But when she started to turn up looking like the only goth in town, people took notice and backed off completely. Some even took this as an opportunity to mock and bully her. She dealt with it by trying to become invisible. But Callie was visible when she was needed most. She turned up at Kayden Owen's party to collect her brother, but didn't expect to see what she saw. Blood... So much blood. Where was his face? Kayden was laying on the grass in the back yard after a beating. She had interrupted the fight - if you could call it that as Kayden wasn't hitting back - and helped him to safety. After this she couldn't stop thinking about him. When they took off to college, they never expected to end up at the same one. This is where Callie and Kayden's journey begins. Can they save each other from their pasts?

The book finishes on a cliffhanger. I was actually really shocked when I turned the page and the story didn't continue. I was reading it on my kindle and was only 97% through. Little did I know the other 3% was talking about the authors other books. In this section I found out that there is a follow up to this book called The Redemption of Callie and Kayden which comes out later this year. I literally can't wait for that. There are so many books on my wish list now!

The author also recommends that you read The Secret of Ella and Micha, which also has a follow on   - The Forever of Ella and Micha. These are next on my agenda after I finish the other books I bought whilst browsing Amazon last.

I've found a lot of good books recently which I'm really happy about. There's nothing better than being able to really get into a book and enjoy it. If you are looking for something different to get your teeth into but still like romance novels, this might be the one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...